Great initiative by Otherworld Miniatures: thanks to fundraising-crowdsourcing INDEGOGO we have the chance to see these beautiful miniatures made (and we can also reserve some miniatures in advance) The first set made will be The Adventurers and then incoming other. I chose the package level 4 ... very nice also the reference levels-money. As in the old damn RPG. Could not resist!
The figures will be sculpted by a variety of talented sculptors, including Kevin Adams and Patrick Keith, with others joining the project later. The miniatures will depict archetypal fantasy adventurers, human and demi-human, male and female, wearing practical clothing and armour and carrying realistic weapons and equipment. They will be posed for exploration, not combat. And these characters won’t be muscle-bound superheroes waving Vorpal Swords in the air - they’ll be grim-faced dungeoneers, a little bit down on their luck, and ready for action on your table-top!
The 4 initial boxed sets will be:
DAB1 – Dungeon Adventurers I – Human Male Characters (planned release – January 2013)
- Fighter in Plate Mail, with Bastard Sword & Torch
- Cleric in Chainmail, with Mace & Cross
- Magic User in Robes, with Staff & Lantern
- Thief in Leather Armour, with Shortsword & Sack
- Druid in Leather Armour, with Scimitar
- Ranger in Leather Armour, with Bow
- Monk in Robes, with Quarterstaff
- Barbarian in Studded Leather, with Spear & Shield
- Illusionist in Robes, with Scroll
- Assassin in Studded Leather, with Blade Venom
- Paladin in Plate Armour, with Longsword & Shield
- Bard in Chainmail, with Longsword & Lute